- 11/19/2004 300,000th visitor logged. It took 3 1/2 years for the first 100,000, 6 1/2 months for the second 100,000 and 5 3/4 months for the third 100,000.
- 11/1/2004 A record 20,000 visitors to site in October. A third party site at statgfx.com generates statistics boxes for cancer crunching and other projects. A selection keyed to my own effort is on the personal page at personal.htm.
- 9/30/2004 Over 18,000 visitors to site in September, 1,000+ more than the previous high of 17,000 visitors in March, 2004
- 9/20/2004 index page changed to list multiple websites in the domain. In addition to the Texas Precancel Club, there's also the 10th anniversary OK Soda page.
- 9/11/2004 size of website reaches 400Mb with more Zip Code/ZCTAs to load. ISP disk allocation was changed from 800 Mb to 1000 Mb as advertised for new customers. That means that less than half of the allocated space has been used. Vultures on stamps, or genealogy sites might be added in the future.
- 9/10/2004 Since the sitemap was so large, even with a separate award sitemap, it was split out into index and 6 pieces to match 6 website sections.
- 9/1/2004 Google site search was added to site pages. It has a choice of a general web search or TX4.US domain search.
- 8/30/2004 250,000th visitor logged
- 8/25/2004 size of website quickly reaches 300Mb by adding Zip Code/ZCTA oriented pages with all Texas Zip Code/ZCTA links among themselves. 100Mb more of Zip Code/ZCTA pages remain for Texas, doubling the website space from two months ago since each page is about 125Kb including all of the internal links therein. Since I have a lot of different types of data for Texas, I wanted to try that first. Later, I want to add Colorado and Minnesota data, since I am PSS Town and Type Precancel Catalog state editor for those two states.
- 8/11/2004 Idle time on two computers here is being used for a massively parallel project with over 1,100,000 members using over 2,800,000 computers around the world to test 3.5 billion theoretical molecules against target proteins for cancer curing properties. Links are on the bottom of the personal page at personal.htm to grid.org and project background at Oxford University. You can download the program and help out. It runs as either a screen saver or a low priority task. Don't just throw money. Do something yourself to contribute directly.
- 7/14/2004 Bastille Day. size of website reaches 200Mb. Square text characters in color chart navigation now gives color preview.
- 5/27/2004 approved to run the sixth train on THE RAIL. This site also has had five others under steam since 2000.
- 5/26/2004 200,000th visitor logged, in spite of the sitemeter counter being stuck at 199,808 for most of 5/25/2004. That was the first glitch I noticed in 5 years. It took 3 1/2 years for the first 100,000 and 6 1/2 months for the second 100,000.
- 4/15/2004 4th anniversary of website. Alexa rank 423,597. It uses the past 3 months traffic for this number.
- 2/19/2004 150,000th visitor logged. Activity has been picking up over the last three months. Alexa rank 474,672, almost a 100,000 rise in just over 2 weeks.
- 2/1/2004 site had over 16,000 visitors in January, 2004, and over 10,000 page views this week. Jan 21 had 700 visits and 1,800 page views.
- 1/3/2004 claim submitted for WebsAwards site of the year 2003. Nothing happened. They were down for awhile and finally gone. Another team is resurrecting the site with different criteria.
- 1/3/2004 alexa.com Alexa Web Search is a service that gives website rankings.
For searchword "precancel", Texas Precancel Club is ranked #1, #2 AND #3 of 4200, for different entry pages.
For searchword "precancels", Texas Precancel Club is ranked #16 of 3250.
For searchword "pre-cancel", an archaic form, Texas Precancel Club is ranked #1, #2, #3 and #4 of 4750.
For searchword "pre-cancels", Texas Precancel Club is ranked #15 and #16 of 3400.
A domain search gives traffic rank for "tx4.us" of 562,477. 97 sites having Alexa/Google toolbars are listed as linking here, but there are many more that are unreferenced. However, Alexa deposits things that Ad-Aware spyremover doesn't like.